The SkinPenTM microneedling technology is based on the premise that a controlled injury to the skin triggers your body’s own healing properties to improve skin quality and revitalize your complexion. Our microneedling technology is the only FDA-approved microneedling device in the United States. It uses 14 super-tensile strength Japanese needles to create hundreds of micro-punctures.
The device is designed to penetrate the skin at adjustable depths at a 90-degree angle – avoiding any tearing of the skin. This treatment triggers a collagen and elastin-producing response, which leads to increased facial volume, improvement of wrinkles/ fine lines and facilitates a youthful, vibrant glow.
- What Is Microneedling?
During microneedling, a medical-grade topical anesthetic cream will be applied to the treatment area to ensure your comfort. The SkinPen is then employed to create hundreds of tiny punctures in your skin at adjustable depths, depending on your clinical needs. This treatment triggers your body's wound healing response that forms new collagen and elastin formation and a new layer of rejuvenated skin.
While this may sound daunting if you don't like needles, the needles themselves are so thin that they are hardly noticeable. Most patients do not experience any pain at all. The needles are precisely designed, and have sterile, single-use tips that prevent any contamination or infection. The procedure takes around 30 minutes to one hour, depending on the treatment area and goals.
- What Are the Advantages of Microneedling?
- Safe for all skin types
- Little to no downtime or discomfort
- No scarring
- Treats uneven skin tone and pigmentation issues
- Corrects enlarged pores
- Helps reduce dark eye bags and puffiness
- No risk of allergic reaction
- Natural, restorative treatment
- Resurfaces scars
- Improves acne scarring
- Improves melasma
- Can be combined with PRP to improve conditions such as eczema
- Who Is an Ideal Candidate for the Microneedling Procedure?
- Microneedling is a reliable and safe treatment. Anyone struggling with sun damage, age-related facial flaws or other skin impurities can benefit from microneedling, especially those whose supply of collagen and elastin has begun to dwindle with maturity. Dr. Dayan suggests all patients be in good mental and physical health, with realistic expectations for their results based on their confidential Reno consultation.
- Why Should I Select Dr. Dayan for My Treatment?
- Patients find Dr. Dayan highly skilled, detailed and deeply passionate about delivering the most cutting-edge technology and anti-aging solutions on the market. Dr. Dayan completed the Harvard Plastic Surgery Program, later pursuing a fellowship in aesthetic surgery at the world-renowned Dallas Plastic Surgery Institute. He is the recipient of the Harvard Plastic Surgery Academic Achievement Award and the Robert Goldwyn/Harvard Medical School Grant.
- What Does Recovery from Microneedling Entail?
- The downtime with microneedling is minimal to none. Patients typically have slightly red skin for 1-3 days after treatment, similar to a mild sunburn. Results will appear within a few days as the tiny punctures in the skin begin to heal. Most patients feel increased tightness of the skin, which is a normal part of the healing process.
- What Are the Fees for Microneedling in Reno?
- Microneedling fees vary and are based on the severity of your condition and how many sessions are required to achieve your aesthetic goals. Dr. Dayan will sit down with you in private at his office in Reno/Tahoe to perform an evaluation of your complexion and provide a customized treatment plan. Our patient coordinators will review your quote at that time and can assist you in scheduling your treatment.
Contact Avance Plastic Surgery Institute in Reno/Tahoe for a microneedling consultation with Dr. Dayan.