Our eyes are considered to be the “gateway of the face.” They are the first thing others look at when speaking with us. Drooping, puffiness, dark circles and bags in the upper or lower eyelids can significantly detract from one’s overall facial aesthetic. These signs of aging distort the facial expression and distract from your appearance. An upper and/or lower blepharoplasty can brighten your overall facial expression, reverse signs of aging and give you confidence and positive self-image. Results are seamlessly natural and elegant, with incisions well-hidden in the eyelid crease or lash line.
- What Is Blepharoplasty?
Eyelid surgery, also called blepharoplasty, is usually performed under local anesthesia in the office, but it can also be performed under general anesthesia when combined with other procedures. During your eyelid procedure at Avance Plastic Surgery Institute in Reno/Tahoe, NV, Dr. Dayan will make inconspicuous incisions in the upper eyelid crease and the lower lash line, removing excess fat, skin and tissue to correct aesthetic flaws such as sagging lids and puffiness.
Eyelid surgery can not only improve your overall appearance, but it can also help reverse vision impairment due to low-hanging lids. Blepharoplasty is often well-combined with a brow lift or facial soft tissue volumization to comprehensively revitalize the entire upper face.
Benefits of eyelid surgery include:
- Correction of under-eye bags
- Correction of droopy eyelids
- Reversal of puffiness around the eyes
- Reversal of “tired” or “angry” appearance
- Improved contour of tear trough deformity
- A more open, pleasant and inviting facial expression
- Improvement in vision
- Boost in self-confidence
- Well-hidden incisions
- Natural-looking outcome
- Who Makes the Best Blepharoplasty Candidate?
Almost anyone can benefit from blepharoplasty, but the best candidates are those who fit the descriptions below:
- Eyelids are drooping and may be obscuring vision
- Puffiness or dark circles around eyelids
- Pronounced fat pockets around eyes
- Tear trough deformity
- The appearance of the aging eyelids is causing you to be self-conscious or unhappy
- You are in good mental and physical health
- You are a non-smoker
- What Is the Recovery Involved with Eyelid Surgery?
- After your surgery, Dr. Dayan will monitor your healing closely, ensuring your recovery progresses smoothly. You will be able to read, watch TV and perform normal duties within a few days of the procedure. Most patients return to work within a week, wearing makeup to camouflage any minor bruising that may occur.
- What Is the Cost for Blepharoplasty in Reno/Tahoe, Nevada?
- The cost for eyelid surgery will depend on whether the upper, lower or both sets of lids are addressed. Also, it will depend on whether Dr. Dayan recommends incorporating fat grafting, fillers or radiofrequency skin tightening in combination with the procedure to optimize your aesthetic result. Dr. Dayan and his team will make sure you leave your confidential Reno consultation fully informed and with a clear quote for services. Our office can help you to apply for financing through major healthcare lenders that we partner with, many of which can offer you instant approval right in our office.
- Why Select Dr. Dayan at Avance Plastic Surgery Institute?
- Dr. Dayan is a Harvard-trained, plastic and reconstructive surgeon offering cutting-edge techniques and state-of-the-art technology to patients in Northern Nevada and across the United States. He is the author of five books on plastic surgery topics and is a lead consultant for InMode, as well as an investigator for Allergan, MTF Biologics and Galderma. Dr. Dayan is the recipient of prestigious awards such as the Harvard Plastic Surgery Academic Achievement Award and the Harvard Medical School Grant.
If you think blepharoplasty, or eyelid surgery, would improve some issues with your eye appearance, contact Avance Plastic Surgery Institute in Reno/Tahoe, NV, to arrange for a consultation with Dr. Erez Dayan.
The maintenance program at Avance Plastic Surgery Institute is designed to offer patients a convenient way to continue seeing the benefits of our treatments for as long as possible.
For all eyes and brows cosmetic procedures, we recommend maintenance with Morpheus 8.