Liposuction Surgery in Reno/Tahoe, NV
Liposuction is among the most popular, trusted and effective methods of fat removal and body shaping. Dr. Dayan’s approach goes a step further by adding cutting-edge technology, such as radiofrequency and ultrasound skin tightening, to further enhance results. In fact, Avance Plastic Surgery Institute is a clinical training center where plastic surgeons from around the country come to observe Dr. Dayan’s techniques for liposuction under local anesthesia and his use of minimally invasive technology.
Liposuction can be performed on its own to slim the thighs, back, arms, belly, chest or bra rolls, or it can be used in combination with other cosmetic and reconstructive procedures for comprehensive results. Dr. Dayan can explain more during a consultation at his Reno/Tahoe office at Avance Plastic Surgery Institute.
- What Is Liposuction?
During liposuction, small, inconspicuous incisions (2-3 millimeters) are made at key points around the problem area. A thin tube known as a cannula is then inserted within the incision, and the excess fat is suctioned out of the body. This fat can be discarded, or it can be saved for a fat transfer procedure to other body areas. This is commonly used when performing a Brazilian butt lift, facial fat transfer, fat transfer to the back of the hands or fat transfer for breast augmentation.
Liposuction in Reno/Tahoe can take as little as 45 minutes, or it may take several hours to treat larger areas. While liposuction is not a weight-loss method, it can be a highly effective body shaping technique in removing unwanted, stubborn fat that does not respond to diet and exercise.
- What Are the Benefits of Liposuction?
Liposuction has numerous benefits, in addition to being a safe, quick way to remove unwanted fat from problem areas of the body. Some of these are:
- Improve your body contour and ideal proportions
- Remove excess, unwanted fat
- Accomplish fat removal in areas that diet and exercise have failed
- Long-lasting results
- Improves well-being and confidence
Liposuction can be used to tone, slim and sculpt a double chin, the lower face and jawline, neck, abdomen, thighs, chest, upper arms, bra rolls, back, waist, hips or buttocks. Dr. Dayan often uses it in conjunction with other body contouring procedures for additional slimming and shaping.
- Who Makes a Good Candidate for Liposuction in Reno?
The ideal candidate for liposuction at Avance Plastic Surgery Institute in Reno/Tahoe, NV, fits the following criteria:
- You have good skin elasticity
- You are healthy physically and mentally
- You are at or close to your ideal weight
- You are frustrated by long hours at the gym that have not yielded results
- You have tried diet as a means of slimming down without results
- You are a non-smoker
- You are realistic in your expectations
- Liposuction Under Local Anesthesia
Dr. Dayan is highly experienced with the latest techniques in awake liposuction in the office setting under local anesthesia. He was trained by pioneers of this technique at the Harvard Plastic Surgery Program and has performed hundreds of procedures under local anesthesia. Dr. Dayan has published and presented these cutting-edge techniques nationally and internationally. He has also co-authored a leading textbook titled: Emerging Technologies in Face and Body Contouring.
The benefit of liposuction under local anesthesia is that it can be performed in the office procedure room without the need for a formal operating room, anesthesia and associated costs and time. Many of Reno's liposuction patients prefer to be awake and conversational during their procedure while being completely comfortable under the local anesthesia. We offer Pronox to our patients, which is 50% oxygen and 50% nitrous oxide or ‘laughing gas’ to ensure they are comfortable throughout the liposuction procedure.
- Radiofrequency Assisted Liposuction
Radiofrequency skin tightening has rapidly become one of the most popular techniques for minimally invasive skin tightening without the need for long incisions and skin removal. Like shrink wrap, the radiofrequency heat tightens the skin 30-40% and has been shown to lead to new collagen and blood vessel formation.
Dr. Dayan is one of the most experienced surgeons internationally with radiofrequency skin tightening technology. Dr. Dayan serves as a consultant, investigator and key opinion leader for InMode Aesthetics, the leading manufacturer of radiofrequency skin tightening technology in the world. He has published and lectured on these topics internationally including the Middle East, Asia, Europe and South America.
Dr. Dayan leads prototype and FDA trials of new radiofrequency technology and commonly combines the benefits of radiofrequency skin tightening with liposuction. Avance Plastic Surgery Institute also serves as one of the primary training centers for surgeons in the United States to learn how to gain optimal outcomes using this emerging technology.
- Body Sculpting and High Definition Liposuction
Dr. Dayan has trained and worked extensively with global experts in body contouring such as Dr. Alfredo Hoyos from Total DefinerTM in Bogota, Colombia. He has also collaborated with Drs. Spero Theodorou and Christopher Chia from BodySculpt in New York City on high-definition liposuction and advanced body contouring. Using cutting-edge liposuction techniques and technology (including ultrasound assisted, power assisted and radio frequency assisted liposuction), Dr. Dayan can generate ideal proportions and a body shape customized for each patient.
For example, women who want a fit ‘yoga’ look can now achieve their goals. Men who seek a six-pack abdomen or muscular chest and arms can also obtain their aesthetic goals, with a combination of addition/subtraction liposuction and fat grafting, to highlight the natural hills and shadows of the body.
- What Will Recovery Entail?
During Dr. Dayan's liposuction procedure, he uses local anesthesia and nerve blocks in key anatomic areas to minimize any soreness or discomfort. Typically, mild bruising and swelling are present after liposuction, but you will be home the same day and walking. You may wear a compression garment for a few weeks to help lessen your swelling and keep your new shape optimal.
After a few weeks, you will be back to your regular activities and able to begin exercising again by around week three or four. It will take about three full months for the swelling to completely resolve.
- What Is the Cost for Liposuction in Reno/Tahoe with Dr. Dayan?
- Liposuction in Reno/Tahoe can be performed in different areas of the body, and to different degrees, so the cost will be based on the extent of the work performed. Dr. Dayan will ensure you receive a detailed, individualized quote at the time of your private Reno consultation. Avance Plastic Surgery Institute offers financing through leading vendors who offer low monthly payment plans, often with zero interest plans.
- Why Select Dr. Dayan at Avance Plastic Surgery Institute in Reno/Tahoe for my Liposuction Treatment?
- Dr. Dayan is a Harvard-trained plastic surgeon serving the Reno, Nevada, area, and beyond. With him, you can rely on one of the best and comprehensive liposuction procedures Reno has to offer. After completing his medical training at the world-renowned Harvard Plastic Surgery Program, Dr. Dayan was chosen to further hone his skills in aesthetic surgery at the world-class Dallas Plastic Surgery Institute.
There are few surgeons internationally with Dr. Dayan’s breadth of training. He has authored five books and over 150 articles and presentations on topics in plastic surgery, lecturing throughout Asia, the Middle East, Europe, the United States and South America. Dr. Dayan is a sought-after opinion leader and investigator for major companies in the cosmetic industry such as Allergan, InMode, Galderma and MTF Biologics. Contact us today for a consultation with Dr. Dayan at Avance Plastic Surgery Institute in Reno/Tahoe, NV.