Facial Fat Transfer
One of the most innovative and effective anti-aging techniques to emerge in recent years is the facial fat transfer procedure. As we age, superficial and deep facial fat compartments deflate, contributing to an aged appearance. Fat transfer to the face can help improve the loss of facial volume and restore a more youthful, refreshed appearance while improving your self-confidence. The facial fat transfer process has the dual benefit of slimming and toning the donor area while refreshing and revitalizing your facial appearance.
- What Is the Facial Fat Transfer Process?
The facial fat transfer procedure is commonly done in an office setting under local anesthesia. During this procedure, fat is removed from a donor area such as the thighs, back, hips, waist or abdomen using a cannula, or small tube. Once the fat has been purified and filtered to a consistent size, it is then placed strategically into the face at key areas to improve facial volume and restore the lost volume of youth.
In cases where patients lack the necessary fat content to provide donor material for transfer, Dr. Dayan offers alternative ways of restoring a full, healthy-looking glow and resilience to the face. Dr. Dayan offers a variety of soft tissue fillers or injectables, customized to your needs for volume restoration. In select cases, he may suggest using customized facial implants in the cheek or jaw area to improve your facial balance.
The advantages of facial fat transfer include:
- Restoration of facial volume loss
- Enhancement of facial features (i.e. cheekbones, jawline)
- Slimming and contouring of the donor area
- Long-lasting results
- Natural-looking appearance
- A more youthful, revitalized aesthetic
- Improved confidence in your image
- Who Makes a Good Candidate for a Reno Facial Fat Transfer?
- Good candidates for facial fat transfer must have sufficient donor fat to draw from and in good mental and physical health, with no major medical conditions that would interfere with treatment. Patients should be non-smokers who are realistic in what they believe a facial fat transfer can accomplish. Ultimately, the best way to determine your candidacy for any procedure is to meet with Dr. Dayan in person and undergo a personalized evaluation at Avance Plastic Surgery Institute.
- Is There any Recovery from Facial Fat Transfer?
Each facial fat transfer procedure is tailored to the patient’s aesthetic needs. Everyone heals at a different rate, so it’s important to ask Dr. Dayan how long you should wait before returning to work after a procedure. You will receive a detailed aftercare plan to ensure that your recovery progresses smoothly.
Swelling and bruising will usually resolve after about one week. You will be able to wear makeup to help camouflage any residual discoloration after the procedure. As always, if you have any questions about your recovery, Dr. Dayan will get back to you immediately with answers and will monitor your healing every step of the way.
- What Are the Fees for Facial Fat Transfer?
- Facial fat transfer fees will vary, based on the amount of work performed and whether the procedure is performed under local or general anesthesia. Dr. Dayan will be able to give you a specific quote for services after he has performed a physical evaluation as a component of your consultation in Reno/Tahoe. If you require financing, we can assist you with a host of reputable healthcare lenders who offer immediate approval and favorable repayment terms.
- Why Choose Dr. Dayan and Avance Plastic Surgery Institute for Facial Fat Transfer?
- After completing his plastic surgery training at the world-renowned Harvard Plastic Surgery Program, Dr. Dayan was selected from a small group of plastic and reconstructive surgeons to pursue an elite aesthetic surgery fellowship at the world-renowned Dallas Plastic Surgery Institute. He is the author of five books on topics in plastic surgery, including Facial Danger Zones: Staying Safe with Surgery, Fillers, and Noninvasive Devices as well as The Atlas of Facial Implants.
Dr. Dayan has been invited to lecture and perform live surgery across the globe including Asia, South America, Europe and the Middle East. Dr. Dayan serves as an investigator and key opinion leader for companies such as Allergan, Galderma, MTF Biologics and InMode. Contact Avance Plastic Surgery Institute in Reno/Tahoe today to schedule a consultation with Dr. Dayan.