Skin resurfacing is a facial rejuvenation procedure to remove signs of aging and skin imperfections from the outermost layers of skin to reveal a more vibrant, clear complexion underneath. As the damaged skin cells are removed, many of the unwanted effects of aging, environmental pollution and sun damage are reversed.
- What Does Skin Resurfacing Involve?
Skin resurfacing can be performed in several different ways, and the right approach for you will be determined by your skin type, comfort level and the kind of results you want to achieve.
Skin resurfacing can be effective in treating:
- Acne and acne scarring
- Other facial scarring
- Uneven complexion or texture
- Sun damage
- Wrinkles and fine fines
- What Are the Different Types of Skin Resurfacing Available?
The procedures Dr. Dayan may recommend during your consultation at Avance Plastic Surgery Institute in Reno/Tahoe include the following:
With microneedling, tiny needles mechanically puncture the skin to create a controlled injury that leads to collagen stimulation and elastin reorganization. This makes the skin softer, smoother and firmer. Microneedling is performed with the patented SkinPen, and can help reduce wrinkles, fine lines, scars and enlarged pores. Frequently, Dr. Dayan combines the SkinPen microneedling device with platelet-rich plasma, or PRP. This popular combination treatment reveals your optimal skin tone and texture with minimal downtime.
During dermabrasion, a unique diamond-tipped handpiece is used to sand away skin imperfections, revealing a smoother, new layer of skin. We have the most advanced technology in aesthetic suction dermabrasion. Tiny crystals revitalize dull skin texture, removing age spots and brown spots.
- Chemical Peels
Chemical peels are a reliable and effective modality to resurface and rejuvenate skin. Dr. Dayan performs a spectrum of chemical peels that range from mild to deep. Chemical peels are typically used on the face, neck and décolletage; however, they are also effective on the body. Dr. Dayan will perform a detailed assessment of your skin and understand your aesthetic concerns. He will then recommend a chemical peel or combination peel to achieve your goals and provide you with detailed information on what to expect after the procedure.
Dermaplaning is an exfoliation technique aimed at removing vellus hair from your skin along with dead skin cells. This can help ward off blackheads by unclogging pores. Dermaplaning also aids in reducing and preventing wrinkles.
- Laser Resurfacing
Avance Plastic Surgery Institute houses a variety of lasers that are best in class to treat your specific aesthetic concerns. We have lasers designed to remove brown spots, broken capillaries and spider veins, and lasers that resurface the skin. Laser skin resurfacing utilizes either CO2 lasers or Erbium/YAG technology to remove upper layers of the skin precisely and reveal a fresh layer of healthy, vibrant skin that is collagen rich.
- What Are the Benefits of Skin Resurfacing?
- Treats sun damage and age-related skin flaws
- Helps create a more youthful, refreshed complexion
- Improves satisfaction with one's image
- Can be customized to your comfort level
- Removes wrinkles and fine lines
- Removes acne scarring
- Removes pigmented scars
- Reveals beautiful, natural-looking skin
- Who Makes the Best Skin Resurfacing Candidate?
Skin resurfacing may be ideal for you if you suffer from any of the following:
- Wrinkles and fine lines
- Acne scarring
- Sallow skin
- Loss of skin elasticity
- Poor skin tone
- Enlarged pores
- Age spots
- What Will My Recovery Be Like?
- It is particularly important to follow Dr. Dayan's instructions before and after your skin resurfacing session to ensure optimal results. With deeper skin resurfacing treatments, there is a detailed pre-procedure regimen that Dr. Dayan will provide two weeks before treatment to optimize the health of your skin. With deeper skin resurfacing techniques, recovery can take a few weeks. More mild resurfacing modalities have as little as a 1-2-day period of redness similar to a sunburn. If you continue to maintain healthy skin and protect yourself from the sun with the proper sunblock, the results of your skin resurfacing procedure can last as long as 5 to 10+ years.
- What Are the Fees for Skin Resurfacing?
- As there are several approaches to skin resurfacing, the fees will vary depending on your individualized treatment plan. Dr. Dayan will perform a detailed skin assessment during your private Reno consultation and will then provide you with his best recommendation for your procedure type. Our office can assist in applying for financing from an array of reputable healthcare lenders, should you require it.
- Why Choose Dr. Dayan for Skin Resurfacing in Reno?
- Dr. Dayan offers cutting-edge aesthetic services at his state-of-the-art Reno/Tahoe office, including superior skincare solutions that help revitalize and replenish your complexion and skin health. After completing his training at the Harvard Plastic Surgery program, Dr. Dayan finished a prestigious fellowship in aesthetic surgery at the Dallas Plastic Surgery Institute. He is a key researcher and opinion leader for InMode, Allergan, Galderma and MTF Biologics.
Contact Avance Plastic Surgery Institute in Reno/Tahoe today to schedule a skin resurfacing consultation with Dr. Dayan and his team.