Breast Lift Plastic Surgery
As the body ages, it is natural for the breasts to lose volume and sag. Gravity causes the skin to stretch and lose its elasticity and youthful appearance. The breast lift procedure, or mastopexy, can help to restore elevation and shape to drooping breasts, while also resizing and repositioning the nipples and areola. A breast lift is often performed with or without a breast augmentation to help revitalize the entire breast aesthetic. Dr. Dayan of Avance Plastic Surgery Institute in Reno/Tahoe commonly performs liposuction and fat transfer to the breast during a breast lift to restore lost volume with a natural aesthetic.
Depending on the amount of lift required, an incision is made in one of four patterns:
- Around the upper half of the areola.
- Around the entire areola.
- Around the areola and vertically down the breast (‘lollipop incision’).
- Or around the areola, vertically down the breast, and then horizontally across the breast crease (‘inverted-T’ or ‘anchor incision’).
Once the incision is made, Dr. Dayan can then remove excess fat and skin, and reposition the nipple and breast mound to a more aesthetically ideal position.
- What Are the Levels of Breast Laxity or Ptosis?
- Grade 1 is while the nipples still face forward, the breast tissue has begun sagging toward the inframammary fold. In Grade 2, the breasts are drooping slightly below the breast crease, and the nipples are just beginning to point downward. In Grade 3, the breasts are drooping below the inframammary fold, and the nipples are pointing downward. In the final level, Grade 4, the majority of the breast tissue is below the breast crease, and the nipples point down toward the floor.
- What Are the Benefits of Breast Lift Surgery?
The benefits of breast lift surgery are numerous. Some of the most common or popular among our patients include:
- Perkier, more youthful-appearing breasts
- Rejuvenated nipple size and placement
- A better fit in clothing and swimwear
- Enhanced confidence in one’s image
- Less chafing beneath the breasts
- Natural-looking outcome
- Who Makes the Best Candidate for a Breast Lift (Mastopexy) in Reno/Tahoe?
There are different types of breast lift, or mastopexy, procedures to treat the varying degrees of breast droopiness, or ptosis. During your consultation with Dr. Dayan, he will discuss the different types of breast lift procedures and what is most fitting for you to achieve an optimal aesthetic outcome. In applicable cases, you will also discuss the options of revolumization using either your own fat transferred to the breast or with saline/silicone implants to complement the lift procedure.
Most commonly, patients have breast ptosis from aging, pregnancy or weight loss. A strategic breast lift by Dr. Dayan will provide a natural and elegant outcome. Good candidates are healthy, both physically and mentally, with no major medical issues. They are non-smokers who are realistic in their expectations for surgery results.
- What Will My Recovery Look Like?
You will be able to go home on the same day of your procedure. Dr. Dayan uses the latest techniques for local anesthesia and nerve blocks to ensure your comfort. You will need to rest for a few days after your surgery, as your swelling begins to resolve. Dr. Dayan will fit you with a compression garment to help minimize this swelling and keep your new breast shape intact.
A surgical bra can be worn for 3-4 weeks to provide support as you heal. You will receive prescriptions for pain medications to help ease any discomfort, as well as an aftercare plan that is tailored to your unique recovery.
- What are the Fees Associated with a Breast Lift?
- Each breast lift (mastopexy) is customized to the patient’s anatomy, aesthetic goals and preferences. Often, Dr. Dayan will perform a breast augmentation or reduction at the same time as a breast lift procedure. Costs vary depending on your specific treatment plan. Dr. Dayan will ensure you leave your Reno consultation with an accurate picture of what you can expect in terms of your expenses.
- Why Select Dr. Dayan for Breast Lift Surgery in Reno/Tahoe?
Dr. Dayan is a Harvard-trained plastic surgeon offering minimally invasive breast surgery with elegant results that enhance your natural beauty. He is one of a few plastic surgeons to achieve additional aesthetic surgery fellowship training accredited by the American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons.
Dr. Dayan completed his aesthetic fellowship at the renowned Dallas Plastic Surgery Institute, considered to be a top aesthetic program in the United States. Dr. Dayan has authored five books on topics in plastic surgery. He has been invited to lecture in the United States and throughout the world on plastic surgery topics including aesthetic breast surgery and complex breast reconstruction.
Contact Avance Plastic Surgery Institute in Reno/Tahoe, NV, or call us at (775) 800-4444 to schedule your breast lift surgery consultation with Dr. Erez Dayan today.
The maintenance program at Avance Plastic Surgery Institute is designed to offer patients a convenient way to continue seeing the benefits of our treatments for as long as possible.
To maintain the outcomes of cosmetic breast procedures, we recommend non-invasive and minimally invasive treatments with the following devices:
- Forma Body (InMode)
- Morpheus 8 (InMode)