Rhinoplasty Revision Surgery
Rhinoplasty is considered to be among the most challenging procedures in aesthetic surgery. This is not only because of the nose’s central position in the face and its many aesthetic details but also because the nose has a significant functional airway role. It is important to seek a plastic surgeon who is experienced in rhinoplasty surgery.
Undergoing nose surgery for the first time can be daunting, but if those results do not achieve your goals, you may feel like you have nowhere left to turn. Secondary and tertiary rhinoplasty revision surgery is challenging due to scar tissue and frequent lack of cartilage and soft tissue.
Dr. Erez Dayan is a Harvard-trained, plastic and reconstructive surgeon who is one of few plastic surgeons in the nation who completed dedicated fellowship training focused on advanced techniques in primary and revision rhinoplasty. Dr. Dayan is well-versed in aesthetic and reconstructive methods to balance and improve elements of the nose after prior unsuccessful rhinoplasty procedures. He can perform revision rhinoplasty surgery at Avance Plastic Surgery Institute in Reno/Tahoe, NV.
- What Does Revision Rhinoplasty Entail?
Dr. Dayan begins by performing a detailed and systematic assessment of aesthetic as well as functional components of the nose. Once each element of the nose is examined, you will discuss your concerns and areas for improvement. The surgical plan is tailored to each person’s individual anatomy and aesthetic goals.
You will discuss the different surgical approaches to rhinoplasty with Dr. Dayan (open vs closed) and which may fit your case best. Dr. Dayan will outline a step-by-step operative plan to address each of your concerns and provide you with imaging to simulate what you may expect from your results. The end result will be a nose that is aesthetically balanced, elegant and aligned with your aesthetic vision.
- What Are the Most Common Benefits of Revision Rhinoplasty?
- More confidence in your appearance
- A natural-looking result
- Long-lasting results
- Improved nasal breathing
- Refinement of a boxy or bulbous tip
- Removal of a dorsal hump
- Improvement of the nasal bridge
- Correction of nostril asymmetry or alar flaring
- Who Makes an Ideal Candidate for Revision Rhinoplasty?
- You are a good candidate for revision surgery if you are unhappy with the aesthetic or functional results of your previous rhinoplasty. This may mean that you have experienced a pinched or bulbous nasal tip, your nostrils appear asymmetrical, you have a profile that is too ‘scooped’ out, you are experiencing difficulty breathing or your initial rhinoplasty simply did not go far enough to achieve your desired changes. Dr. Dayan will meet with you for a private consultation in his Reno/Tahoe office to assess your goals and work to achieve your desired outcome.
- What Will my Recovery Entail?
- Recovery for a revision rhinoplasty is typically less painful and lengthy than recovery from the primary surgery. However, as with any nasal surgery, you will experience some swelling, bruising and minimal tenderness. Dr. Dayan uses the most advanced techniques and technology to minimize swelling, bruising and discomfort. An internal and external nasal splint is usually placed for approximately seven days to help the nasal structure heal. It is best to keep your head slightly elevated as you sleep to help reduce swelling. Your results will continue to reveal themselves over the next 4-8 months.
- What are the Fees for a Reno Revision Rhinoplasty?
- Revision rhinoplasty is a complex surgery that must be properly tailored to your individual needs and aesthetic goals. Therefore, the costs vary from patient to patient. Dr. Dayan will provide you with a customized quote once he performs a complete nasofacial assessment as part of your confidential Reno consultation at Avance Plastic Surgery Institute.
- Why Choose Avance Plastic Surgery Institute for my Revision Rhinoplasty?
Revision rhinoplasty requires a great deal of delicacy, nuance and precision. It is wise to choose only the most qualified and meticulous of plastic surgeons. Dr. Dayan received his training at the prestigious Harvard Plastic Surgery Program, where he trained under world leaders of aesthetic and reconstructive plastic surgery.
After training at Harvard, Dr. Dayan became one of only a few plastic surgeons in the country to complete an additional fellowship in advanced aesthetics. Dr. Dayan completed his fellowship at the renowned Dallas Plastic Surgery Institute—highly regarded as one of the top aesthetic fellowships internationally.
Dr. Dayan’s excellence in plastic surgery has been recognized with numerous prestigious awards, including the Harvard Plastic Surgery Academic Achievement Award, the World Society of Reconstructive Microsurgery Achievement Award and the Aesthetic Surgery Education and Research Foundation Grant.
Dr. Dayan has authored numerous papers and book chapters focused on rhinoplasty and revision rhinoplasty. He has also been invited to lecture on these topics nationally and internationally. Most recently, Dr. Dayan was invited to Chongqing, China, where he was one of three plastic surgeons from the United States lecturing at the Chinese Rhinoplasty Society and performing live surgery demonstrations.
For a revision rhinoplasty consultation with Dr. Dayan, contact Avance Plastic Surgery Institute or call us at (775) 800-4444.