Breast Reduction Plastic Surgery
Women with overly large, heavy breasts may experience a host of ailments, ranging from back, neck and shoulder pain to chaffing and infection. Pendulous breasts can also lead to unwanted social attention and emotional distress. Dr. Erez Dayan performs breast reduction surgery at Avance Plastic Surgery Institute in Reno/Tahoe to help create a figure that is balanced, youthful and enhances your self-confidence and quality of life in the process.
- What Does Breast Reduction Entail?
Dr. Dayan begins by understanding the size you wish to become and what is best proportioned to your body shape. Next, he performs precise measurements to achieve this size and proportion. During surgery, Dr. Dayan will create well-hidden incisions in either a lollipop pattern (around the areola and vertically down the breast) or an anchor pattern (around the areola, vertically down the breast and horizontally across the breast crease).
Dr. Dayan then removes the excess fat, skin and tissue so he can reshape and sculpt the breasts for their optimal aesthetic appearance. If needed, the nipples and areola will be resized and repositioned in a more youthful position. In some situations, Dr. Dayan may use liposuction to help remove unwanted fat from the chest or under the armpit. All efforts are made to take a minimally invasive approach so you can confidently wear a bikini or strapless dress.
- What Are the Advantages of Undergoing a Breast Reduction with Dr. Dayan in Reno/Tahoe?
- Increased comfort and quality of life
- Increased energy and stamina
- Improved self-esteem and confidence
- Better-fitting clothing
- A more balanced, youthful appearance
- Elegant, natural results
- Long-lasting outcome
- Who Makes an Ideal Candidate for Breast Reduction?
You may be a good candidate for breast reduction surgery if:
- You are in good health, both physically and psychologically
- You are at or close to your ideal weight
- You are a non-smoker
- You are realistic in your expectations
- You suffer from neck, back and shoulder pain
- Your breasts are asymmetric
- You find it hard to participate in sports and physical activity due to your breast size
- You suffer from skin chafing or rashes due to your breasts
- You feel self-conscious and/or embarrassed about your breasts
- What Can I Expect from Recovery?
You will be able to go home the same day as your breast reduction procedure. Since your surgery will be performed under general anesthesia, you will require a friend or family member to drive you home after your procedure. Dr. Dayan uses advanced techniques for local anesthesia and nerve blocks to ensure your recovery is smooth and comfortable. Dr. Dayan and his staff will provide you with a clear aftercare plan for your recovery.
You will need to wear a surgical bra for approximately 3-4 weeks after your procedure, which will help lessen your swelling and maintain your new breast shape. You will be able to return to your regular activities within about two weeks, but you should avoid vigorous exercise and heavy lifting for 4-6 weeks.
- What Is the Cost for a Breast Reduction?
- Breast reduction fees will vary based on the extent of the work performed and on whether a breast lift is performed in tandem, which often is the case to ensure comprehensive improvement in the upper chest. Dr. Dayan will assess the amount of volume he expects to reduce and his patient coordinator will submit it to your insurance company for coverage. Once Dr. Dayan performs his assessment at his Reno/Tahoe office, his team will present you with a customized quote and treatment plan.
- Why Choose Dr. Dayan?
- Dr. Dayan is an award-winning plastic surgeon based at Avance Plastic Surgery Institute in Reno/Tahoe, who completed his medical training at the prestigious Harvard Plastic Surgery Program. He subsequently went on to pursue an elite fellowship in aesthetic surgery at the world-renowned Dallas Plastic Surgery Institute. Dr. Dayan is the recipient of the Harvard Plastic Surgery Academic Achievement Award and the World Society of Reconstructive Microsurgery Award. He is a sought-after opinion leader and investigator for global aesthetic companies such as Allergan, MTF Biologics, InMode and Galderma.
Contact Avance Plastic Surgery Institute today to schedule a consultation with Dr. Dayan about breast reduction surgery.