Facelift & Neck Lift
As we age, our face changes from an upside-down triangle shape, with high cheekbones and a tapered jawline to a boxy or right-side-up triangle. The deflation of our facial fat compartments and loss of skin elasticity leads to the formation of jowls and laxity of skin in the face as well as the neck region. Overall, the lower third of our face and neck becomes heavier-appearing due to skin and soft tissue laxity. Also, skin thickness and elasticity diminish, leading to the development of wrinkles and areas of discoloration that are bothersome to many patients. A strategic facelift and neck lift with Dr. Dayan in Reno/Tahoe will address each of these issues to restore natural volume, balance and youthful contours to the face and neck.
- How Are a Facelift and Neck Lift Performed?
Dr. Dayan takes a personalized, meticulously detailed approach to your facial surgery, tailoring his techniques to your facial structure and aesthetic goals. Results are balanced to reflect harmony among all the features, which creates a naturally youthful-looking outcome. The spontaneity of your facial expressions are preserved, as well as your individuality. Dr. Dayan’s goal is to rejuvenate your appearance, not alter it.
Dr. Dayan has published and presented nationally and internationally on his preferred technique for face and neck rejuvenation. He is also co-author of the authoritative textbook: Facial Danger Zones: Staying Safe with Surgery, Fillers and Noninvasives. Having trained under world leaders in facial reconstruction and facial aesthetics, his approach is scientific and comprehensive to restore a youthful appearance.
As we age, facial fat compartments are known to deflate, particularly in the mid-face region. Therefore, an important component of facial rejuvenation is to re-volumize the midface and cheek regions. Dr. Dayan most commonly performs this restoration with your own fat that is removed from one area using a delicate liposuction technique and is then transferred to facial fat compartments for a natural revolumization.
Next, incisions are strategically placed in hidden areas around the ear and hairline. Excess skin is meticulously removed, taking extreme care to avoid any element of an unnatural or ‘overpulled’ appearance. The soft tissues underneath are repositioned and elevated using suture techniques to re-contour the jowls, jawline and neck areas. Platysmal bands are corrected and neck contour is restored.
This resuspension of the face and neck soft tissue restores volume to the upper parts of the face, recreating a youthful appearance. Finally, once the face is revolumized, excess skin is removed and the underlying soft tissues are suspended, a resurfacing procedure is used to smooth fine lines, wrinkles and areas of discoloration. This is commonly done with a medium depth medical grade peel or resurfacing laser such as a fractional erbium laser. If needed, a brow lift and eyelid surgery are commonly performed at the same time to correct sagging in the upper face.
- What Are the Benefits of a Facelift and Neck Lift?
- Creates a naturally youthful appearance to the face and neck
- Restores facial volume
- Elevates, tightens and firms the underlying facial soft tissue
- Creates an elegant and attractive neckline and jawline
- Uplifts one’s confidence
- Inconspicuous well-hidden incisions
- Removal of fine lines, wrinkles and dark spots
- Smooths away sagging skin
- Beautifully natural results
- Who Makes the Best Candidate for a Facelift and Neck Lift?
- The best candidates for a facelift and neck lift from Dr. Dayan are of basic good health, sound mind and body with no major medical conditions. These potential patients are struggling with the signs of aging in the face and neck areas. They should be a non-smoker and have realistic expectations for what their surgery can achieve.
- What Can I Expect from Recovery?
- Dr. Dayan uses the latest techniques for long-acting local anesthesia and nerve blocks to ensure that you wake up comfortably from your procedure. Depending on the extent of surgery, Dr. Dayan may have you stay overnight with nursing care at his concierge tower room at the Atlantis Resort & Spa. You will also receive a full aftercare plan and follow-up appointments with the doctor so he can monitor your healing. Within two weeks, you will begin feeling comfortable in public, as swelling will have significantly resolved.
- What Is the Cost of a Reno Facelift and Neck Lift?
- Fees for surgery will be based on the extent of the procedure you require. Dr. Dayan will meet with you privately to answer all your questions and perform a physical evaluation, as well as a thorough review of your medical and surgical history. His patient coordinator will then offer you a customized quote based on his findings. We believe that plastic surgery should be affordable and offer financing from trusted healthcare lenders to ensure low monthly payments.
- Why Choose Dr. Dayan and Avance Plastic Surgery Institute in Reno/Tahoe for Your Facelift and Neck Lift Surgery?
Dr. Dayan’s cutting-edge approach accomplishes naturally elegant changes. He can help revitalize your appearance and take years off your perceived age. During his training at the world-renowned Harvard Plastic Surgery Program, Dr. Dayan was part of the face transplant team - considered by many to be among the most rigorous and in-depth procedures to reconstruct facial nerves, blood vessels, bone and soft tissue.
He went on to be one of two plastic surgeons selected internationally to train at the elite aesthetic surgery fellowship at the Dallas Plastic Surgery Institute. Dr. Dayan has worked with global authorities on facial rejuvenation and reconstruction where he continued to hone his skills and expertise. Dr. Dayan has presented and published on plastic surgery topics nationally and internationally on over 150 occasions and is the lead author of five books. He has also co-author of the authoritative textbook: Facial Danger Zones: Staying Safe with Surgery, Fillers and Noninvasives.
Dr. Dayan serves on national committees for the American Society of Plastic Surgeons as well as the American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons. His expertise is also sought after as a consultant/researcher for major aesthetic companies such as Allergan, InMode, Galderma and MTF Biologics for prototype research and training.
Contact Avance Plastic Surgery Institute in Reno/Tahoe, NV, to schedule a consultation with Dr. Dayan.
The maintenance program at Avance Plastic Surgery Institute is designed to offer patients a convenient way to continue seeing the benefits of our treatments for as long as possible.
To maintain the outcomes of face and neck cosmetic procedures, we recommend non-invasive and minimally invasive treatments with the following devices:
- Forma (InMode)
- Morpheus 8 (InMode)
- Evoke (InMode)