Breast Revision Plastic Surgery
For patients who have undergone breast surgery and are unhappy with their results, pursuing a secondary surgery may be daunting. Dr. Erez Dayan and Avance Plastic Surgery Institute provide a compassionate, skillful approach that corrects breast deformities and imperfections at our state-of-the-art surgery center in Reno/Tahoe, NV. Dr. Dayan’s goal is to achieve balanced, youthful contours that are customized to your body and aesthetic goals. Breast revision can be performed to reverse complications, remove or replace breast implants, change implant cup size, position or to address breast asymmetry.
- Why Consider a Breast Revision with Dr. Dayan in Reno/Tahoe?
Revision techniques require great delicacy and nuance, as the doctor must navigate the prior operative work done. Dr. Dayan is a Harvard-trained plastic surgeon with extensive expertise in breast revision and complex breast reconstruction. He provides minimally-invasive, cutting-edge techniques to help restore confidence in your appearance and correct flaws from prior surgery.
Some of the most common reasons for pursuing a breast revision procedure include:
- Implant pocket exchange
- Correction of capsular contracture
- Increase or decrease in implant size
- Removal of an implant (explant surgery)
- Switch from saline to silicone, or vice versa
- Double bubble breast deformity
- Implant rupture or leakage
- Implant asymmetry
- Implant deflation
- Rippling or visible implant edges
- Breast fold correction
- Nipple areola complex correction
- Improvement of prior scars
- What Are the Benefits of a Breast Revision Surgery?
Benefits of a breast revision surgery will vary from patient to patient, as everyone will have different views and goals, but among the most common benefits we hear from patients are:
- A return of self-confidence
- Restoration of youthful aesthetic breast contours
- A feeling of completion and closure around your prior surgery
- Correction of implant flaws
- A better fit in swimwear and clothing
Ideal candidates for breast revision surgery are non-smokers of sound mind and body, with no significant health issues that would interfere with their treatment. They may be unhappy with their breasts and the results of previous enhancement surgery. Patients may be looking to correct the appearance of their implants, remove their implants or exchange them. Patients should have realistic expectations for what breast revision can accomplish, based on their private consultation with Dr. Dayan.
- What Can I Expect from my Recovery?
- Dr. Dayan uses advanced techniques for local anesthesia, nerve blocks and pain medication to control and minimize soreness and tenderness for all his patients at Avance Plastic Surgery Institute. Swelling and bruising may present for the first 7-10 days as you begin your healing process. Dr. Dayan will make sure you have the proper roadmap for navigating your personal recovery process. Avoid heavy lifting or strenuous exercise for 4-6 weeks and placing undue strain on your chest.
- What Are the Fees Involved with a Breast Revision?
- Breast revision surgical fees can vary widely, as each patient is dealing with a different set of circumstances and has different goals for improvement. Dr. Dayan will meet with you in private for a consultation at Avance Plastic Surgery Institute in Reno/Tahoe and will develop a detailed plan and quote for his services at that time. Our office can assist you with insurance paperwork and applying for financing options with all major healthcare lenders for low monthly payment plans.
- Why Should I Consider Dr. Dayan in Reno/Tahoe for My Breast Revision?
Dr. Dayan was rigorously trained in plastic and reconstructive surgery at the world-renowned Harvard Plastic Surgery Program, working closely with the leading authorities in cutting-edge, complex microvascular reconstruction, face transplantation and aesthetic techniques for the face, breast and body. He was then chosen by the prestigious Dallas Plastic Surgery Institute to complete what many consider to be the top aesthetic surgery fellowship internationally.
Dr. Dayan has received multiple awards for his intrepid work, including the Harvard Plastic Surgery Academic Achievement Award, a Harvard Medical School Grant, the World Society of Reconstructive Microsurgery Achievement Award and the Aesthetic Surgery Education and Research Foundation Grant.
Contact Avance Plastic Surgery Institute in Reno/Tahoe today to schedule your breast revision surgery consultation with Dr. Erez Dayan.