Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP)
Platelet-rich plasma, or PRP, is a versatile component of the blood that can be used in various innovative ways to help keep the skin and body youthful. PRP is used as a dermal filler to replenish lost facial volume and combat thinning skin. It can be used to remedy flaws in the complexion such as scarring, stretch marks, wrinkles and fine lines. PRP can also be injected into the scalp to help trigger hair regeneration.
- What Is Treatment with Platelet Rich Plasma?
- PRP injections have been used for years in the medical community for their regenerative properties, especially in sports medicine, to help patients recover from surgery. Now that their cosmetic benefits have become apparent, patients enjoy increased youthfulness and glowing, resilient skin and thicker, fuller hair.
- Some Common Treatments Using Platelet Rich Plasma
- PRP Hair Restoration
The PRP is injected into the scalp, triggering hair regrowth and accelerating the regenerative effect of newly transplanted follicles. This treatment requires multiple sessions over a month to achieve optimal results.
- Microneedling with PRP
PRP enhances the results of microneedling, which helps boost collagen stores and refines the complexion, fading scars and correcting uneven skin texture.
- Laser Treatments With PRP
After laser treatment, PRP can be applied to the skin to facilitate healing and can augment the aesthetic results of the laser treatment by enhancing collagen formation and elastin reorganization.
- PRP Hair Restoration
- What Are the Benefits of PRP Injections?
- Uses a regenerative substance from your own body
- Safe, non-invasive procedure
- Long-lasting results
- Improves confidence and quality of life
- No downtime or recovery is necessary
- How Much Do PRP Injections in Reno Cost?
- Fees for PRP injections will vary based on the number of injections required for comprehensive treatment. Dr. Dayan will perform a detailed physical evaluation during your consultation and then provide you with a personalized quote for services. We are glad to assist you in applying for financing from trusted healthcare lenders should you require it.
- What Is Recovery Like for PRP Treatment?
- There is little to no downtime in the traditional sense, but you may experience some minor redness, swelling and tenderness at the injection site. These symptoms will diminish within a matter of hours, and you will be able to resume all normal activities.
- Who Makes the Best Candidate for Platelet Rich Plasma Injections?
- PRP injections are excellent for anyone who is struggling with weak hair growth, age-related skin changes, imperfections and blemishes in the complexion or thinning, depleted skin. It has also proven to be effective in eczema treatment as well as melasma. Because PRP is a substance taken from your own body, there is no risk of an allergic reaction, making PRP injections a highly popular and successful procedure. As with any cosmetic treatment, the best way to learn if you are a good candidate is to schedule your initial appointment with Dr. Dayan in Reno/Tahoe so he can perform a physical evaluation and review of your medical history.
- Why Choose Dr. Dayan in Reno for Platelet Rich Plasma Injections?
- Dr. Dayan is an award-winning plastic surgeon in Reno, who trained at the world-renowned Harvard Plastic Surgery program before completing an elite aesthetic surgery fellowship at the Dallas Plastic Surgery Institute. He has published articles and presented on plastic surgery topics over 150 times. Dr. Dayan has also authored five books on key topics in plastic surgery and is a lead investigator for InMode, Allergan, Galderma and MTF Biologics.
Contact Avance Plastic Surgery Institute in Reno/Tahoe, NV, to schedule your PRP consultation, and ask about other facial rejuvenation procedures offered by Dr. Dayan.